View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 03:04 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstar54 View Post
Hi,
My Dr has reduced me from 30 mg 2 times a day to 15 mg. I am trying to reduce the narcotic meds I'm on & she's helping me do that. It's my decision to do this because of side effects. Shortness of breath has recently been a problem and I'm tired of being so fatigued and having no energy to do anything!
If I can tolerate the pain then I am going to reduce the oxycodone I take. I recently reduced the gabapentin from 600 mg 3 x day to 300 mg 3 x day and it still helps with nerve damage pain though not for as long of a time but, I can tolerate it right now

I so much want off the opids. My memory and other side effects are driving me nuts is a bad way.

Has anyone tried this? Worse case is if I can't take the pain, I go back on what I was taking. My Dr agreed but she also is suggesting a pain pump & has given me info from a couple of manufactures . I do not want to go on a pain pump because I simply don't want more surgeries than I've already been through!

Any comments or suggestions are very welcome.
I too want of these meds, 160 mg of morphine and 2700 of gabapentin, I'm constantly fatigued, I crash for a whole day or 2 every couple of days, I don't have the energy to wash properly, eat regularly, no one warned me of this when I was put on these meds, I'm afraid to sleep at night because I can't get up in morning, I'm in uk and the nhs is dreadful now.
Baddog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (01-07-2016)