View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 03:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Yes, agreed. I won't rule out the odd person who can deal with sugars/carbs of all sorts quite effectively, but still this could cause minimal glycation without the person knowing it. Who knows...

Regarding carb level for ketosis, that is variable from person to person. I would say that I eat under 100 grams, but that can range from 30-80 per day and I'm in ketosis. Though I can slip in and out too, of course. The body does that very easily. I've known people who can get pretty close to 100 and still be in ketosis. 20 grams is quite low and with all the veggies I eat, and more recently carrots too, I don't think I ever eat that little. But, of course, I'm not measuring things all the time or barely. And you're definitely right about too little carbs being a starvation mode. I don't think I'd recommend anything much below 50 or thereabouts, and not sure if I've even gotten that low or below, but perhaps I have.

But the takeaway here is that the particularities of each person is quite essential, however accurate or universal principles can be. I watched the video in the link (https://vimeo.com/52645372) and found it quite interesting.

Pinkey, he's definitely got himself a sense of humor
Oddly enough if you stay in a low carb state for a long period of time your blood sugar levels will actually rise a bit. You won't see huge spikes of course but the body will sit in the high 90s or low 100s even after fasting. It will become accustomed to this as is baseline over time. Again this is part of the survival mode it goes into. The brain MUST have glucose to survive. It actually is not of great concern but many people who go on low carb diets get frustrated because they don't see the blood sugar benefits you would think you would see

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (01-05-2016)