View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 03:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I can see this, and recall a few anecdotal pieces along these lines. After 5 months my blood glucose has stayed low overall, in the 70s and sometime in the 80s, but it could change and go up after some more time. Of course, it depends on the person and what his/her body does in response. It could also be that I'm eating just enough carbs. I believe protein (and perhaps even fat) can be turned into glucose, if the body is lacking carbs, and I do eat a lot of animal protein and fat.

Did you find this phenomenon with your blood glucose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Winter View Post
Oddly enough if you stay in a low carb state for a long period of time your blood sugar levels will actually rise a bit. You won't see huge spikes of course but the body will sit in the high 90s or low 100s even after fasting. It will become accustomed to this as is baseline over time. Again this is part of the survival mode it goes into. The brain MUST have glucose to survive. It actually is not of great concern but many people who go on low carb diets get frustrated because they don't see the blood sugar benefits you would think you would see
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote