View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 06:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
I can see this, and recall a few anecdotal pieces along these lines. After 5 months my blood glucose has stayed low overall, in the 70s and sometime in the 80s, but it could change and go up after some more time. Of course, it depends on the person and what his/her body does in response. It could also be that I'm eating just enough carbs. I believe protein (and perhaps even fat) can be turned into glucose, if the body is lacking carbs, and I do eat a lot of animal protein and fat.

Did you find this phenomenon with your blood glucose?
Not really. Although I don't trust the accuracy of home testing. Depending upon the day I get readings that vary by as much as 15 points one way or another based on exact circumstances and food. I have been low carb over a year. I had lower numbers the first few months than i do now. I think there is truth in the body adjusting to meet its needs.

When I get actual labwork my numbers tend to skew lower than my home readings do. If I eat simple sugars my blood will spike higher and then settle down in the 70s or 80s. If i stay low carb i may sit in the 90s but find it almost impossible to go above 120 at any point in the day. There are also a ton of variables that i see mess with my numbers, most notably stress.

MY blood glucose way back when i ate whatever I wanted was actually lower than it is now. But, I don't have any huge spikes and actually need to gain weight more than lose any weight at this time.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote