View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 07:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy View Post
Hi all, CRPS has taken my ilfe. I feel more hopeless all the time.

My wife I know is going to end up leaving me.sme.she said she can no longer communicate with me as I seem stupid, can't remember anything, don't follow through on things.

CRPS/RSD effects the limbic system which includes cognitive function and memory, especially shirt term memory. I will forget conversations with people a day later.

She also as a result is no longer attracted to me, no more feelings for me and thinks it will be over soon.

I would have to leave and go live with my parents till something changes or I die. I can no longer live this way. My life is slowly being stolen from me.

I read this is common that people with chronic disease often lose their spouses because they can't deal with the new changed person or falls out of love with the person after changes. Basically, I guess if I had cancer she would also leave me.

I am just getting so sick of people making me feel like I did this or am doing this to myself. I feel like I am to blame and have this huge burden of guilt over me. It is not fair. I never asked for this.

I could never so that to someone. I could never abandon someone I love.

I have an appointment at Penn in February and soon after at Drexel.

Thanks for listening.
Thanks for posting this. All of us understand. This Monster puts a huge strain on relationships. I ended many of my friendships and close relationships with people, because of CRPS, knowing that I couldn't keep up any longer and knowing what a strain this disease puts on those relationships. I even resigned from the pastoral ministry because of CRPS. Do you have a professional counselor that you might be able to see, while this hardship is upon you-- a psychologist, psychiatrist, a pastor, or social worker? Having someone there to talk to may very well prove to be to your benefit. You are definitely in my prayers, kind Sir.
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (01-05-2016), RSD ME (01-05-2016), zinnia (01-04-2016)