Thread: The Call
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 09:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
I am so sorry to see you struggling so much , but I am still holding on to hope for you.

There may be options yet.

Could you consider a boarder like a nursing student, early education or social work type to trade your daughter's room for assistance with meals and help around the house, etc? I would've been really grateful for an opportunity like that.

Would being in Chicago bump you up on the list any? You have family there right? I am wondering if there is a more intensive program with an opening or one coming soon. I don't know that once a week will get you to your goals as much trouble as you are having.

Can you fire any of your doctors? Easier said than done with insurance sometimes. I ditched the ones who weren't helpful and had no interest in moving me forward.

Any thoughts on those resources I sent along a while back? I didn't start getting help till I went that route. Just a thought....

Hang in there Girl. I am still rooting for you and sending prayers.
I spoke to my case manager about some kind of inpatient program. While it's sort of possible, still needs a doctor's order, which I can't seem to be able to get.

Location means nothing regarding the program. I'm so angry that they would tell me "12 weeks because we just started one" in September and now it's another 12 weeks. And that they couldn't even take 5 minutes to call me themselves.

My problem with finding a new doc is that I am so limited on medicaid. In addition to the fact that most PM clinics run 2 months out for appts. And then there's that pesky, I've tried all the "non-narcotics" that the insurance will cover, can we try a low dose narcotic? you know...just to see if it works like it did 15 months ago when I could function?

I know narcotics are not the best solution for CRPS/neuropathy, but I'm not looking for 0 on the pain scale, I'm looking to be able to stay around a 4-5 no matter what I'm doing (within reason of course). I was on hella pain meds for my endometriosis for over 2 years. Never had a problem. Was on hella ativan for 2 years. Never had a problem.

Why is it that I can put so much faith in my doctors but they can't put any in me???

I will call my CM tomorrow and ask about the NS at Northwestern. Madison won't be an option until Medicare kicks in.

Oh, the GERD, yeah, that's from the copious amounts of ibuprofen...esophageal erosions. Got that taken care of with omeprazole.(my skin is like sandpaper but wth, I'm not puking all the time)

I you
Littlepaw (01-04-2016), RSD ME (01-05-2016)