View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 09:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy View Post
Hi all, CRPS has taken my ilfe. I feel more hopeless all the time.

My wife I know is going to end up leaving me.sme.she said she can no longer communicate with me as I seem stupid, can't remember anything, don't follow through on things.

CRPS/RSD effects the limbic system which includes cognitive function and memory, especially shirt term memory. I will forget conversations with people a day later.

She also as a result is no longer attracted to me, no more feelings for me and thinks it will be over soon.

I would have to leave and go live with my parents till something changes or I die. I can no longer live this way. My life is slowly being stolen from me.

I read this is common that people with chronic disease often lose their spouses because they can't deal with the new changed person or falls out of love with the person after changes. Basically, I guess if I had cancer she would also leave me.

I am just getting so sick of people making me feel like I did this or am doing this to myself. I feel like I am to blame and have this huge burden of guilt over me. It is not fair. I never asked for this.

I could never so that to someone. I could never abandon someone I love.

One thing that is odd is that it seems I have stayed in stage one CRPS since 2007, unless certain aspects can advance while others remain the same.

I have an appointment at Penn in February and soon after at Drexel.

Thanks for listening.
Thank you for sharing with us guitarguy. I do understand. I am glad that you reached out. You are not alone, we are here for you.

My adult children do not understand, I don't know of they are in denial, or just wrapped up in their own lives. My husband did go and read about CRPS, it has helped that he has some understanding. I have recently cut the morning dose of gabapentin in half, as the level of my pain is lower in the morning. It is helping me to have a clearer mind in the morning.

When I get really frustrated in my progress, I remind myself that I have made it from the bed, to the wheelchair, to the walker, to the cane, and am walking on my own. I have CRPS in my left foot. I try to walk a little farther each day. Sometimes it helps me to remember how far I have come.

One of the blessings in disguise I am finding is I am learning how to be calmer, be still, which helps with the level of the pain. There will always be stress, I can choose how I respond.

I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers.

zinnia
zinnia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (01-05-2016), BioBased (01-05-2016), PurpleFoot721 (01-05-2016), RSD ME (01-05-2016)