View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 12:01 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Periapical x-rays (retained roots and infection?) Bryanna can you please take a look?

Hi Bryanna,

Can you please take a look at these PA x-rays and let me know what you see? The recent PA x-rays (post extraction) from tooth #2 are from my wife and we believe there are still two retained roots (one appears to be the palatal root and the other the mesial root from a 3D scan done a couple months ago) due to apparent complications from an extraction just about 1 year ago. This was a very old and badly infected root canal tooth (second time re-treatment done 17 years ago). Her #2 extraction site was not bone grafted, but the sockets for teeth #3, #4, and #5 were and appear to be healing okay.

Also, the other x-rays are from a recent full mouth series of x-rays from my son (UR and UL areas). It appears there is an infection/cyst? above areas #2 or #3 in the UR area and extensive bone loss or a cyst above #14 in the UL area?). My son does not feel any pain directly in the teeth from either of these areas but is having some systemic symptoms.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Periapical x-rays (retained roots and infection?) Bryanna can you please take a look?-pa-2-post-jpg   Periapical x-rays (retained roots and infection?) Bryanna can you please take a look?-pa-2-post-jpg   Periapical x-rays (retained roots and infection?) Bryanna can you please take a look?-pa-2-4-jpg   Periapical x-rays (retained roots and infection?) Bryanna can you please take a look?-pa-2-5-jpg   Periapical x-rays (retained roots and infection?) Bryanna can you please take a look?-pa-12-15-jpg  

Last edited by Doitashi62; 01-05-2016 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Need to add additional information
Doitashi62 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote