Thread: The Call
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 01:44 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Believe View Post
True enough. My docs can't even decide if it's CRPS or PN or axonopathy. Bottom line is I have 2 permanently damaged nerves and this ongoing knee thing. While I understand the general basis of CRPS, there are relatively few studies that I can find on amputation in CRPS type 2. My logical thought tells me that while my pain/symptoms align with CRPS, it is a direct result of nerve damage. Removing the nerve that is damaged (misfiring) seems then to be a viable solution. I am ok with functioning at a 4-5. I have very limited function at a 6-7 and am toast at an 8 or higher. I wake at a 3-4. Return from the potty palace a 6 on a good day. I haven't had enough good days lately to remember the 6. I am willing to explore the amputation option simply because I believe it is an option still out there to improve my function, my ability to walk/work/cook/clean/shower
Ahhhh, so you are not really convinced as to the complete picture of what all you have going on. I so totally get that! My whole pain battle began with Morton's Neuroma which was masking my CRPS beneath it. So, I actually had two separate things going on at the same time in both of my feet. I don't know if you are familiar with Morton's Neuroma or not. It is a matter of a single nerve being crushed by two bones in the foot. They cure the Neuroma by simply removing the nerve from the foot surgically. The only problem with mine was, regardless of the fact that the nerve was removed, the CRPS stayed and has been with me ever since.

So, that leads me to a question. When you say Amputation, do you mean, amputate the nerve and leave the limb? Please educate me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (01-05-2016)