Thread: The Call
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 09:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spike- View Post
Wow, that must be so hard to not be able to take any meds, due to a lack of tolerance. I can definitely relate to that to a degree. There is a whole list of medications that helped me, yet the side effects were so harsh that I simply could not take them. It took me a very long time to sort through all of the meds that we tried in order to find the few that I can take without too many harsh side effects.

Question: Have you ever tried Voltaren Gel? It is a topical gel and is very good at reducing pain for me. There is also a Ketamine gel mix that works wonders for many people too. Maybe those would work, since they are not ingested.
Most of the meds are due to ineffectiveness. I've asked my docs for compounding creams, muscle relaxers, anything. Gaba didn't work & caused 40 pound weight gain; Lyrica is not covered; meloxicam caused mouth sores; amitriptyline/cymbalta not effective; ibuprofen ate my esophagus. What has worked even on a moderate level, they won't prescribe. I've had arthroscopy, steroid injections (knee), euflexxa injections (knee). I don't really want to do the LSB's more because I have a problem with how that was all handled but I am willing to try anything. Just can't get any docs to play along with the insurance.