Thread: Joan M.
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 12:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI SUE,
tell me why are the bones in your foot so bad? is this an ongoing thing like wear and tear from the hip problem, or from some type of accident? i have to wear a brace for the foot drop and i hate it ... i have throw it across the room a few times! ha! not too mature, eh? but it does help and get me where i need to go with less tripping. so good luck with the adjusting to it.
i also wanted to ask how long you were in body casts? i was in them for about 2 and 1/2 years. from 3-5 years old. my father made a scooter for me to lay on and get around the house. i learned to be a good artist though. there is something good that can come out of everything i guess.
i had to deal with a problem with the grandson who lives with me this week, and so that has not been fun. but today is gorgeous, and neither hot nor humid, so i am enjoying it. i just cut the border strips for a quilt i am finishing and will go back and get it done after this. it is for my kitchen table. then i will begin crochet and sewing for the twins! susan is doing well except with the diabetes. her numbers are a bit high so she is seeing the doctor every Monday. i worry of course, i have to, i'm the mother! but she looks good and is getting bigger. we do not yet know the sexes. maybe in july.
well, i hope you have a low pain weekend and holiday.
how nice to have a 'congenital hip/rsd sister!! joan