View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 07:21 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

Hi, I've lived with a declining back compressed back for about 60 yrs. Have two MRI's that read like GOOD GRIEF what does all that mean. All the words you mention. I won't do any back surgery, hip replacement in 2010 was too too much of a negative outcome. I'm 77 and use lots of supps, back, knee and ankle supports and live with memories of my active life.

I have a friend who is now in a nursing home and I can remember her words after so many surgeries, from the back, thru the front...knee replacements, hip replacements...you name it she did them....she said how much she regretted so many of them.

These are real gambles, huge changes and we never know if we'll be worse off after.

I talked my 70 yr old brother out of lam/fusion last yr that a doctor said he "needed"....he's been a golfer all life and golfers backs are pretty messed up. He's in pain, I don't know many who are not, but he's making things work with PT and stretches and all he can do.

PRP and Stem Cells are huge here in Calif and I'm sure also in NY area and East Coast cities... These injections can work to regenerate tissues and build up joints.

Prolozone is another set of injections which are oxygen/ozone and help restore tissue/joints. Good wishes whatever you decide.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote