View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 04:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

today i go to the dentist to check my teeth and possible infection. i had no luck getting an earlier appointment and started feeling like the pain in my gums was subsiding a little after suffering for almost four days with excruciating pain. i used extra strength orajel that was medicated, gargled with listerine alot and used ice packs on my cheek to bring down the swelling a little with my mouth. i brush my teeth and floss alot each day so that helped a little too. the sore on my gums got smaller but then i got one on the right side of my mouth. the pain meds i take for my rsd also helped a little with my mouth pain but the throbbing pain has been horrible. what the heck happened to the "do no harm" oath drs and dentists take. having me wait for over a week to see a dentist for help with my oral pain has caused my teeth and gums to become more sore which makes it painful to eat anything and also the constant mouth pain has made my constant rsd pain flare up. i was up all night in pain and am so tired of this. thank you all for your helpful advice and caring thoughts. i will try your ideas if my pain does not subside completely and if my dentist can't help me. i am also seeing a new oral surgeon next week to talk about getting all my back teeth pulled and putting in partial dentures for me. i hate doing this but i can't take the pain and not being able to eat solid foods anymore. i still think i have an infection and hope the dentist will give me something for it. otherwise i will see my gp for that and hope he can help. hope you are all have a low to no pain day today. thanks again and will keep you posted.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (01-07-2016), Russell (01-07-2016), St George 2013 (01-06-2016)