View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

You can try to elicit the symptom to see if it is Tinel's sign.

Google link to images:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tine...HbTDARYQsAQIHw

You can use a wooden spoon handle or a similar thing. (doctor's have that little rubber hammer thing they use).
You tap the area near the zapping gently and see if it is a nerve thing. Gout makes crystals of uric acid in soft tissue, and the foot is a prime location due to poor circulation there. Pseudogout is calcium deposition.

Tinel's sign may come and go. I find that using the Morton's Epsom lotion, removes it for me in my hands. I tap about 2 inches away from my inner wrist to test whether I need the lotion on the inner wrist. Usually the lotion lasts a few days for me, to settle the nerve back down.

The Achille's tendon is a prime location for tendon sprains or other causes of tendonitis.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (01-07-2016), St George 2013 (01-06-2016), zkrp01 (01-07-2016)