View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 09:05 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

This is totally my opinion: If you don't need Gabapentin (no real pain, symptoms not keeping you from sleeping, etc.) I would not start down that road. It is not like taking an advil. 100 mg is not anything for that drug and it usually takes time to build in your system before you see any results. Neurologists and GP's throw this at everyone with any of our symptoms. I don't believe it will keep progression from occurring. It has helped some posters and there are supporters of it, but I am not one. I am weaning off now. At 300 mg, which is practically nothing, I have terrible brain fog and that gets me very depressed.

My feet also get very cold as do my hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acydgod View Post
No, cause of Bell's never really identified, not sure it ever is. I went on acyclovair and steroids and eventually faded but it may have just been time.
Had no virus (cold symptoms) at the time.

As I'm typing this (night) I am very fatigued and lost my appetite, feeling very down. Seems to happen at night. I took 100mg gabapentin last night, might again but didn't think there was any effect.

Thanks for all your postings, helps to know there are others out there for sure.
dogwalker (01-06-2016)