View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Thank you for that article Alffe, it was a good one

In general, I try to remember that it's in our nature to try to reassure one another during difficult times, but most people just don't know what to say during these uncomfortable situations so they say a lot of stupid ****.

"Some things in life cannot be fixed. They can only be carried." Great quote!

Acceptance is the final stage of the grieving process- people will get there in their own time and in their own way.
Empty platitudes do more harm than good sometimes. I know that in the past some well-meaning comments made to me about MS have left me with the impression that my suffering is trivial, and I've taken it to heart even though I know it's not true.
I've also endured a good deal of bullying… I've dealt with some of my family members pretty much shaming me for not having the same positive attitude about my MS as when I was first diagnosed… before it started taking things away. It's an ongoing disease process, so it's an ongoing grieving process as well. But it's something I mainly accept.
But as the gentleman in the article writes, even though you learn to accept adversity and grow, it can still harden you. I know it's hardened me.
OhKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-06-2016), bizi (01-06-2016), eva5667faliure (01-10-2016), Wren (01-06-2016)