View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 02:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I finally got my AFO... It's a super lightweight carbon fiber one. OmG!!! does it feel so nice to walk! I might even be able to run with it on once I get my legs healing up just a bit more, or so the PT isn't restricting me from doing . The PT also loved the split sole shoes that I picked up as did the brace guy. The AFO fits perfectly with my new shoes and I still get to utilize the benefit of the split sole arch support with it.

They had another brace they were thinking of giving me, but I really didn't like it much, but this carbon one was just like a duck to water. I stumbled a bit first time standing up with it on, but that first step actually felt like a real step! My back feels so much better now that I'm not dragging my left leg around, my hips feel better, my right leg!! Wow the relief to it, and my left leg just feels WONDERFUL!!! And it's so so so comfortable, like there's nothing at all on my leg or foot, it's just magically working! Though you can see it if I'm wearing shorts, and unless they're kind of bell-bottoms you can sort of see it when I'm wearing jeans. There's a bit extra bulge at the bottom of the leg, but hey, I don't really care at all if people see that I have a working leg!!

It's far less conspicuous than the cane... which I don't have to use anymore . (for now, but I'll worry about the later, when it comes)
KnowNothingJon (01-06-2016), NurseNancy (01-06-2016), SallyC (01-06-2016)