View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 02:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default A more recent PA X-ray UL tooth #14

[QUOTE=Bryanna;1191578]Hi Doitashi,

Thank you for posting the xrays.

The first xray of her upper right that you posted:

There appears to be 4 separate retained roots. I cannot tell you exactly what teeth they belong to because she's had several extractions and this xray is only of the posterior which does not offer any vision of what is more anterior. The farthest to the right retained root may be attached to a whole tooth. But since the xray is cut off in that exact spot, I cannot see if there is a whole tooth there or not.

The second xray that of her upper right:

This xray was obviously taken after root remnants were removed. The angulation of this xray is different than the first one and is not really conclusive whether or not there are retained root tips. But there doesn't appear to be any. The one thing that stands out to me is the area all the way to the right on this xray. Follow the jaw bone along the gum line from left to right. On the right there appears to be an opening in the bone which could be in communication with the sinus. It could also be just the angulation of the xray but by any chance has anyone remarked on that area?

The next three xrays are very light and many of the root tips are not captured in their entirety. So the diagnostic quality is not ideal on these films.
With that said, tooth #2 with the full coverage crown may have decay on the mesial area of the tooth at the crown margin. The mesial is on the right side of the tooth closest to tooth #3. The open or decayed area resembles a "bite" area out of the tooth. The angulation of the UL xray is not ideal and I am not comfortable commenting on it.

Hi Bryanna

Thank you for your time and providing input on this first set of x-rays. I actually do have a more recent PA x-ray (attached) that was only taken and centered on tooth #14 about one month ago that I hope may be a little clearer. Not sure if this is of better quality or angulation, but have had some increasing concerns specifically regarding the history of this tooth, restorations and previous deep decay.

Thanks again,
Attached Thumbnails
Periapical x-rays (retained roots and infection?) Bryanna can you please take a look?-x11770_1-jpg  
Doitashi62 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote