View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Doitashi,

It's not your fault that the xrays are not as good as they should be. There is no excuse for this to happen but unfortunately it is pretty common.

This new xray was not positioned properly either but it does appear that tooth #14 may have something going on. By any chance did your son have an accident or get hit in that side of his mouth? Does he chew on hard candy? The reason I ask is because this tooth may be fractured. You mentioned there was some bone loss ... do you know which side of the tooth that was found? The mesial side (towards tooth #13) or the distal side (towards tooth #15)?

Tooth #14 as it appears on this xray is in close proximity, if not poking into, the sinus. Did the dentist discuss that with you?

Bryanna

Hi Bryanna

Thank you for your time and providing input on this first set of x-rays. I actually do have a more recent PA x-ray (attached) that was only taken and centered on tooth #14 about one month ago that I hope may be a little clearer. Not sure if this is of better quality or angulation, but have had some increasing concerns specifically regarding the history of this tooth, restorations and previous deep decay.

Thanks again,[/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote