View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 08:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I juggle daily what I'm taking and no longer take for granted going to the toilet. I take Movicol sachets and increase / decrease depending on how much pain relief I absolutely need to get by. Sadly I no longer take the required pain relief dose due to so many bowel obstructions requiring hospital admission via the ED department and been kept in up to ten days. Now I keep a very close eye on what I take and adjust my Movicol have been up to 4 sachets a day. I tried Targin which has 40/20 then 20/10 and 10/5. Made no difference at all.

Movicol and diet, lots of greens, but treading a very fine line as I'm not allowed any more than 12mg fibre a day as I have so many adhesions. Between the adhesions and pain relief medication I struggle to manage my pain. I will try the magnesium idea again, it upset my tummy before but that might be a good thing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle51 View Post
We all know this is a big problems .....The drug companies just wont do anything about it ... I think I have tried just about everything there is out there for help.... If any of you have had success please share ... These are the meds I have tried . Mirlax, MOM, swiss criss , all precrip meds for comstipation, all stool softners , Metamucil and all powders . thanks