View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I used to wear mine around the outside of my jeans, and sweatpants. I never was bothered about wearing it while wearing shorts.

I probably do need to get a new AFO fitted for my right leg, and I probably need one for the left leg too. (I actually have one for the left, but I've never actually worn that for more than a day. It was too annoying to walk with two of them at the time).

I've been having a lot of issues lately with my knees, and lower back hurting. The AFO that I have needs some serious adjusting, because my leg has kind of gained a little weight. I don't think it's edema, or if it is edema, it's not super bad edema. I just think I gained weight in my legs naturally by not doing enough exercise, and eating the wrong foods, in higher amounts than I should be eating.

Just don't want to have to go back to struggling to get the stupid thing on every day. I've been trying to build up muscle in my legs on my own, to see if that helps anything. I just no longer have a physiatrist, or a neurologist. (lost the physiatrist because my insurance changed...then I found out three weeks ago that I lost my neurologist LAST YEAR when my insurance changed, and I never even knew about it until I went to see him three weeks ago. Wish I'd known. That was a $150 on my credit card a week before Xmas, just to talk to him for 12minutes)

If I find a new physiatrist, and they want me to go back to an AFO, I'm going to ask for the kind that fits inside the shoe, instead of the American Civil War technology that I'd been wearing before. It's exhausting dragging 3 extra pounds of footwear around.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-07-2016), Starznight (01-06-2016)