Thread: Coconut water
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 05:37 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deangreen View Post
Has anybody had any good experiences with coconut water? It seems to reduce my symptoms and prolong my "on" time. I had an appt. w/ my neurologist a few months ago and intentionally missed my dose of Sinemet to demonstrate how I am during my "off" time. I drank Coconut water (CW) 4 hrs before my appt. When the doc started his tests, my "off" time never occurred and he was amazed how well I did. I started to research CW and found that it contained a plant hormone called Kinetin, which is used in skin creams to minimize photoaging. I found a clinical trial where kinetin was administered orally up to 1500 mg for a month w/o adverse effects. So I have been taking 3/8 tsp of kinetin for over a week w/ no noticeable improvement. The amt of kinetin in CW is minute compared with the dose I was taking, so I don't believe that kinetin is the active ingredient. Anyway I am curious about CW and wonder if anyone has had any positive experiences w/ it?
I wonder if it is simply better at hydration or better at making sure the meds work optimally.

Nigel

Just had a thought,doesn't it contain high levels of potassium which some Pwps rate high as a supplement

Last edited by Niggs; 01-07-2016 at 05:53 AM.
Niggs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote