View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 09:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have used the Yakima Fruit Recipe on/off for years. I skip the sugar and lemon, however. I put a tablespoon on toast in the morning. It freezes well in a jar and does not get like a rock...you can scoop out what you need for the week. This recipe portion lasts for many months.

or, when I am lazy or cannot get the ingredients, I use 3 Sennokot Plus and 5-6 prunes each night.

or

just 6-8 prunes or a large glass of prune juice with a full glass of water.

YAKIMA FRUIT PASTE

DOSE: 1-2 tablespoons per day

1 pound prunes
1 pound raisins-pitted
1 pound figs
4 oz senna tea (look in your health food store, it looks like a bunch of leaves)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup lemon juice

1. Prepare tea-use about 2 1/2 cups boiled water added to tea and steep 5 minutes.
2. Strain tea to remove tea leaves and add only 1 pint tea to a large pot, then add fruit.
3. Boil fruit and tea for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add sugar & lemon juice. Allow to cool.
5. Use hand mixer or food processor to blend fruit mixture into smooth paste.
6. Place in plastic container and place in freezer. (Paste will not freeze but will keep forever in freezer).
7. Spoon out what you require each day.

* If the fruit paste is not working (you are not having bowel movements) then you need to increase the amount of fruit paste you are taking.

* If the fruit paste makes you have very loose stools then you need to cut down on the amount of fruit paste you are taking. Perhaps even taking it every other day in some cases.
as well.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (01-07-2016)