View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 01:54 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

Hi, I just saw your post here. I already gave you comments on the supplements post. For me I never heard of the nerve damage issues until a bridge friend talked about her agony with "ideopathic" nerve issues..turns out she had been on statins for 30 yrs and left with 15 yrs of nerve damage, which her doc never brought to her attention....grrrrr and she's not online so did not do her own research and trusted doctors.

For me, I ended up with nerve damage from hip replacement in 2010 and was living with burn/tingle in right thigh and to this day my thigh is 80% numb...over 5 yrs. But, thru a naturopath I was given names of nerve supplements and I took Inosine and Sphingolin for 3 months and the burn is gone. I've talked about this on the PN group. This worked for me at the surgery area. I was looking for a nerve damage support group and NT was there so I joined.

Now my friend with the 15 yrs of nerve damage did the doc's drugs, neurontin and gabapentin and talked about the side effects: nausea, vertigo and I don't know what else. She has been taking grape seed ex for about 5 yrs now and is so improved and off all the meds. Still takes tylenol or advil as needed but overall she is much better.

Some yrs ago I got a script for tramdol but it didn't help me with the arthritis I deal with. Ibuprofen and Pain RX herbal supplement are my best BIG pain relievers. And I've been taking DGL to protect my stomach. I ended up in ER years ago from a pharma anti inflammatory drug and it was an ulcer. DGL works so good. Something to keep in mind.

So hope you can slow things down, maybe don't work out so hard. I went to gyms all my life but worked in moderation. For me never nerve issues until hip surgery.

Let us know how you progress. A lot of good help here. My grandkids are athletic and both take grape seed ex as does their mom... they've heard this from gram for years.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote