View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 03:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishaa2014 View Post
Fibro for 14 yrs, Dystonia for about 3-5 (just diagnosed 10 days ago). Started at my new pain clinic. Dr. is 28-30 yrs. old, and knows some things . He already did a cervical epidural. Unfortunately, the treatment benefits only lasted 2 days. Those 2 days were wonderful...( "I did the dougie") Next is botox then surgery. Those 2 days gave me HOPE. With a more positive attitude, I know my quality of life is going to get betta and betta. Follow the suggestions given: get up out the bed daily, shower, put on some smacker lip gloss, walk for 5-10 mins (more if able), call an empathetic friend, write your kids a sticky sweet letter...any/all things to distract yourself. PRAYER CANT HURT. I know you can do it! love, love, love to you
I know what you are going through. I have had fibromyalgia for years and severe cervical stenosis and recently have been diagnosed with dystonia. The pain is unbelievable and nothing seems to help. (I've tried muscle relaxants etc) My neurologist can't figure out what is causing the dystonia. At first she thought it was due to the drug seroquel but I'm off that & the spasms continue to worsen. I can hardly stand upright any more and am afraid to drive. On my last visit she said she thinks the dystonia may be due to fluctuating levels of serotonin due to other medications I am taking. Has anyone had experience with drug induced dystonia? I'm at my wits end. Thanks.
miss chris 24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote