View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 04:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 2 year update

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to come and update my post I originally made 2 years ago.

I see a couple people stumbled across my post through Google searches and had similar issues.

I am happy to report that the sensitivity has completely dissapearred and the pain when chewing has completely dissappeared as well.

But boy.... did it take a while!

The dull aching pain around the extraction site when chewing firm or crunchy foods took about 3 months to subside. Now it never hurts.

The hot/cold sensitivity was really bad for the first few months after the extraction. During the following summer I remember it only bothered me occasionally, and only if something was REALLY cold.

For the last year I have had zero discomfort, I seem to have healed 100%.

Also the socket where the wisdom tooth used to be kind of shrunk and closed up. Now it is a smooth healthy pink tissue sort of shallow divot.

I do still have to be careful to clean behind that tooth next to where my wisdom tooth used to be. But no biggie.

My advice for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation is be patient, keep the extraction site clean until it smooths over, don't smoke for 2-6 weeks after extraction, and USE FLOURIDE RINSE. That helped a lot. I remember in the months following the extraction I would brush and floss and then hold FLOURIDE rinse inside my mouth over the whole area for several minutes before spitting it out and going to bed.

Hope everyone else who has this issue heals faster! It feels so much better not to worry about it now.

But boy... it sucked at the time :/

Thanks again to Bryanna, I hope you've been doing well.
Kevdood83 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bryanna (01-07-2016)