View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

StillNotNormal,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

First, What you are experiencing is completely normal after a concussion.

15% of concussions have prolonged recoveries. It sounds like you are part of that group.

The first WC doc had one thing right. You likely have whiplash, in addition to your concussion. But, loss of consciousness has no bearing on whether you suffered a concussion. He was ignorant about that. You were very fortunate to be referred to the new doctor. WC is a tough situation, especially with concussions. Regarding the whiplash, upper neck injuries are common with concussions. The joints above and below C-1 can get traumatized causing inflammation that interrupts blood flow and nerve transmission. If you are offered any diagnostics or treatment for your neck, it will be worth considering.

Regarding work, it will help if you can find a way to lower the stress level of your work. A slower pace at your desk will help. Plus, if you can minimize the sounds at/around your desk, it should help.

The drive to work starts you off with excessive stimulation. Commute traffic is far too stressful for someone with PCS. It might help if you can take a quiet break after you get to work to let your brain settle down from the drive. It will also help to take frequent breaks. Only 5 minutes in a quiet area every hour or so will be a good start.

I have more to say but will save it for later. It will help if you would read the Sticky at the top about Vitamins. Read the whole post. It has some helpful links at the bottom. The "You Look Great" YouTube video series sounds very applicable to your situation. It is long so don't expect to watch all 6 segments at once (about an hour total)

What testing and diagnostics did the doc want you to have ?

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote