View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Not able to play sports-what now? Need support/ideas

My 12 year old boy has had over 5 concussions now -3 of the "real" kind in sports and the others by hitting head on car door or by being hit with ball or elbow to head. Now after taking 2 months to recover from PCS has been told no more contact sports including baseball and basketball. Soccer is the greatest loss for him--he can't even look at his soccer cleats or walk by kids playing soccer without getting emotional. Now to top it off since he hasn't been able to be active at school--he has been bullied and shunned for not being able to be active or a part of things. He has lost his friends. We are trying to work on things with the school and bullying--but he has been devastated by all the bullying, teasing and lack of support from peers. And we are trying to get him to try new sports like golf. He basically almost needs to reinvent himself for things to do. Help!! There must be other kids out there who have had these same issues. What do I do? Is there any books out there that would be good for him? We are waiting for counseling. Unable to find peer support groups in our area. What can I do?
concernedmom15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote