View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 06:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for responding Mark. I took a sick day today. I slept 10 hours last night and just woke up from a three hour nap. I guess going back to work full time was too much too soon.

I don't remember all the tests the doctor wanted to do. I had really been recovering well up until this week and knew that my job and the events that had transpired since Monday were the cause of my setback, not something deeply wrong with my brain. Driving in rush hour in one of the worse rainstorms CA has had in years didn't help. My computer monitors were messed up, one had gigantic font and the other tiny font. They couldn't figure out how to fix it for hours. They finally got it to work and it happened again. They changed out my monitors for two huge monitors with the brightness set at 100. No one could figure out how to lower the brightness. Stuff like that. It was almost a comedy of errors. After all the sleeping, I feel much better today. The dizziness is still there when I track with my eyes but it is 100% better than yesterday.

I went to that Youtube series you talked about and listened to it while on the couch, didn't watch. Parts 2, 3 and 5 resonated so much with me. I found myself talking out loud saying, "Oh my god, yes. Exactly." I cried during parts of it out of sheer relief that I wasn't alone in what was happening to me. It helped me a great deal.

I am going to take it easy through the weekend and see how I feel on Monday. I loved your suggestion about taking a break when I got to work from the drive. I have a team of assistants and will not be doing any figuring for a while. I will focus on the easier tasks when I start my two hour shifts. I often wonder if I will ever feel normal again. I want to see Star Wars. Will I ever be able to do that? Stuff like that.

My doctors seemed to think that I will fully recover. I do too, but it seems it will take longer then I ever imagined.
StillNotNormal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote