View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 10:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
If you want to fully recover, it will take a lot of discipline on your part. I've watched many on NT over the years struggle for a year or more trying to maintain a stressful daily activity level. They finally slowed down out of desperation and started doing better.

It will be very important to learn to moderate your life. You may find that a high stress life will create quite a roller coaster ride even after you are doing better.

There is a software called fLux that allows you to change the brightness and color temp of your display. It may give you better function that the display controls on the monitor.

You need to understand that just because you have a good day, it does not mean you can return to a intense effort. Those good days are your healing days. The more uninterrupted good days you have , the better you will recover. You can push too hard after a good day and lose all that you have gained. Unfortunately, concussion does not play fair. Just when you think you can enjoy a good day, it bites and says 'slow down.'

I hope you can find a way to that proper balance.

This is so true. I have fallen into the good day, I can go back to normal trap many times. I thought that if I just took breaks, I could return to full time but my heavens that was not the case. I felt so badly yesterday, just awful. I was so dizzy. After sleeping 10 hours last night and a three hour nap today, I feel much better. My poor brain was just crying out for me to stop. I will approach things differently now.

Thanks for the post on the software. I am going to look into that. The bright screens were a huge problem for me. This would be a big help.

Thanks for the support. I truly appreciate it. It's so nice to talk to people that understand.
StillNotNormal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote