View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi, I'm Donna and I had a post concussion syndrome that happened in August of 2006. I still have some issues with this. We have a forum for this here.
Its called Tramautic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome.

Its a brand new forum about 1 month to 6 weeks old, its growing with members, and your more than welcome to come and post. The things you post sound very much like some of the things I've gone through.

Now about the epilepsy and seizures, these sound very much like things I've heard of too. I'm a adult that had seizures or epilepsy as a child, I had absence which were staring spells, and now I have two son's that have seizures. One has uncontrolled complex partial that can 2nd generalize.
Which is exactly what it sounds like yours do. The other has had a few that
are Complex Partial that I believe go to 2nd generalize too. They happened
when he was driving down the road, luckily he just ended up in a ditch.

This luckily is behind him now and he has been successfully treated with depakote and now can drive again. But it was definately something that
scared the heck out of him and me both.

The fact that you have things that happen before it goes to a complete seizure, sounds like what we call a aura, and this is good. This is a warning
sign.

I hope that you can also visit the epilepsy forum here. It has some nice folks in there too.

Donna
Dmom3005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote