Thread: R-Lipoic-Acid
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 01:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks, Patrick. I see your point about the source material. I wrote PE just now asking whether they get it from Geronova. I'll let you know. They have very high quality products, so I'm not concerned, but one should never just depend on a brand/be brand loyal and should always inquire. So thanks for the heads up.

It seems like it really works for you. I hope for the same. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll start with one capsule (100 mg) with lunch, and if all goes well, I'll graduate to a second with dinner. I'm hoping it decreases the damage and perhaps allows me to heal. I'll take it with Benfo and NAC. Have you tried NAC? As I mentioned in an earlier thread, it's done wonders for me, and it's inexpensive. Might be worth a try. I use the mixed one from NOW.

I'm sorry you've been experiencing some more symptoms, but glad to hear the fix is in the mail. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I couldn't agree with you more about keeping it as natural as possible. Pharmaceuticals are just poison, sometimes necessary sure, but that doesn't make those chemical cocktails any less poisonous. I will do all that is in my power to keep off them, and boy oh boy have I been offered a host of them. In general, out here it's not as bad as the US when it comes to pushing meds on patients, but there is a saying among nurses: doctors prescribe, nurses provide.

So far in general things seem to be improving, though it depends on the day and the symptoms, I guess, but I take it in 6 months spurts or blocks, and now I'm far better off than 6 months ago, even though my face/head symptoms are more present. Anyway, I'll let you know how this new addition goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Winter View Post
I was sticking with the LE and Doctors best for my R-Lipoic acid because their supplier GERONOVA is considered a reputable source. They may be in the product you ordered as well and that company just doesnt point it out, they dont have to. I personally take a pretty high dose now. I take the one 240 in the morning. I may even take another at dinner time. Most days i don't but some days i do and i swear i notice a difference. When i was at lower doses i didn't see as much relief.

I actually right now have been off R-Lipoic Acid for just two days and my burning aspect of this has returned. So, i got my order in to Amazon right quick.

I also have found in my case that the combo of Benfotiamine and R-Lipoic makes for the best pain relief and has allowed me to stay off gabapentin almost completely. I take a host of other supplements but those two are KEY for me in terms of relieving pain.

Stay strong and kudos to you for trying supplementation instead of running for the pills which are a last resort.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zkrp01 (01-10-2016)