View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 02:36 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default 25 yr old with potential PN

Hello all,

Been browsing this website ever since I started having symptoms of PN a couple of months ago and figured the best way to get advice/help was to explain my situation.

I am a 25 year old male and I started feeling a tingling feeling in my right foot at the beginning of November 2015. I went to the doctor to get it checked out and the doctor I saw (not my PCP) said maybe my shoes or socks were too tight. So I just brushed it off and thought to myself it would go away, but later that night I started to feel a tight feeling in my left arm, which lasted a couple of days until it went into my left foot. I went to the doctor again because I started having heart palpatations and started to get very anxious that I was having cardiac problems. The NP gave me an EKG and found that my heart was normal, but discovered I have a hyperactive thyroid, but that didn't explain my tingling/numbness symptoms. He also tested my Magnesium levels (it reads at 2, not sure what that means), and Free T4 levels (not sure what that is, but it reads 1.14).

I tried just going about my business as usual but started to get really nervous and went again, this time seeing my PCP, who proceeded to give me a prescription for anxiety medication (haven't taken it, because my symptoms are real and my anxiety is coming from the doctors seeming lack of interest in my issues).

Anyway, after being on here I requested a B1 and B12 blood test, which came back as 15 for the B1 Plasma and 732 for the B12 test. They said both were normal, but I read on here that normal can be different for everyone. I recently went to the emergency room after getting sick at my girlfriends house (which could've been the food I ate, but I didn't want to take any chances) and they gave me a CT scan which came back normal, and put me on an antibiotic for Lyme (Doxycycline) while we wait for the Lyme test to come back.

So basically to describe my symptoms, I have tingling, occasional numbness and pain on the left side of my body, mainly my left hand and left leg and foot. Ever since the initial numbness in my right foot went away it hasn't come back, and I am at least thankful my right side hasn't been effected by this (knock on wood). I have stopped drinking since my symptoms started (was a occasional heavy drinker for the past couple of years, but wouldn't consider myself an alcoholic because I have had absolutely no trouble giving it up and if giving it up forever is the worst thing that happens to me I'm going to be very happy). I have started taking a Centrum Multi-vitamin Monday-Friday and a B-Supplement on the weekends (kind of a novice when it comes to vitamins so I kind of wanted to be passive until I learned more).

A long read and I apologize for that, but I figured getting all of the information out there is what is going to help the most. I am scared that this could potentially severely effect my life and I have not yet got to experience my dreams (found a wonderful girl who I have been dating for two years who I plan to marry and wish to have kids with). Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated; this seems like a very tight and supportive group on here

Thank you,
Mitch
TheM23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (01-10-2016)