Thread: No words......
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 05:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sedation denistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD ME View Post
hi songbird. i'm so sorry you are going through all this with your drs but i understand all too well. i am dealing with what seems impossible dentists and oral surgeons right now. even with a note from my pm dr saying its better to pull my infected teeth then do a root canal, they still won't help me. but i am going to keep trying with another oral surgeon. it's bad enough we are in pain all the time but to have to deal with difficult drs too makes it even worse. if i were you i would have your pm dr fax or mail or call your gp and tell him that you are no longer on their pain contract. because codeine is a painkiller drs wont prescribe it to people who are seeing pm drs and who have a pain contract with them. but if you no longer have a pain contract with your pm dr, then i would have them send your gp a letter stating that and have them mail you a copy too for your records in case you want to find a new gp. (the one you have doesn't sound like he is really helping you. he could have made the effort to call your pm dr to ask about the pain contract too.) i hope that you get the help and medicine you need from your drs to make you feel better. they do make a cough syrup without codeine in it that my gp prescribed to me once that helped more then the otc brands. maybe your gp could at least give you that until you get your pm dr to send him that letter. (i have to take the cough syrup without codeine bc i do have a pain contract with my pm dr. i forget the name of it but your dr should know. hope you feel better soon my friend. take care.
Because of the risk of spreading my old, and most effective and most experienced crps trained doc who has recently left my area for LA BLEH, doctor had me go to a Sedation Denist. Basicallly, they knock you out for ALL dental procedures, and the one I went to even used a combination including Ketamine! It was by far the BEST thing for me! It even helped reduced my normal daily pain from Crps for a week or so after! We all know the ramifications crps and our meds can have on our teeth, I had to have 14 fillings and 2 extractions, after never having any major problems before Crps. Ask your PM doc for a refferal for sedation dentistry, fyi you might have to have a refferal for your GPS to have insurance cover it!
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (01-10-2016), PurpleFoot721 (01-10-2016), RSD ME (01-10-2016)