View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 11:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Jenn,

I'm so sorry. It's really disheartening when the doctors we go to for care and compassion don't provide any. A little validation please...

I agree that you need a new PM. Saying that if you had blocks it wouldn't have spread is both callous and incorrect. Blocks have caused spread in some individuals and don't have the best evidenced based outcomes. At any rate, you didn't have them and there's no going back or reliably saying what they would or would not have done.

An SCS is a highly individualized decision and should be undertaken with the utmost research and caution. It IS a surgical procedure after all and has a fairly high complication rate.

Neurology may be an option. Some neurologists do treat CRPS if you are wanting to go that direction. For any specialty, I would call the office and speak with a nurse or medical assistant who can tell you if they treat much CRPS.

As for your foot...if you think you need to get it looked at then do. Do you need an x-ray or ortho consult to be sure there's nothing that needs to be addressed?

Let us know what happens. Sending hugs for the week,

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CRPSsongbird (01-11-2016), IamJenn (01-11-2016), PurpleFoot721 (01-10-2016), RSD ME (01-10-2016)