View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 04:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Sorry, But I Respectfully Disagree...

hi, beverley,

in my neverending quest for truth, justice and the american way, i somehow stumbled upon your thread today.

i just wanted to say first of all that i hope you are feeling better each day and recovering nicely from your TOS surgery. i know from personal experience what that is like and you are in my thoughts each day, believe me, as you go through this.

but with all due respect to our canadian friend and fellow TOS'er, mucker, i must say i do NOT agree that it is productive to make threats when dealing with the US government. please do not do that.

and from the little i know of your history, beverley, i believe it would be fruitless for you to attempt to open a W/C claim at this late date. i could be wrong, but with all the surgeries you've had and the probable misdiagnoses... well insult to injury is all i can say. the fingerpointing and other nonsense would just be beyond belief and cause you nothing but more grief and heartache.

you've got more than your fair share of that as things stand already. your SSDI claim is legitimate and it sounds like you've gotten the attention of your congressman now. that is a very good thing and you shoud go with that. your energies are limited and need to be focused where they will do the most good.

threatening to go to the media or otherwise expose the "system" has been tried by many. it just ends up getting you booted out of the system, denied once again or your file lost forever. please don't do that to yourself. you cannot win with that tactic; use your head. this is NOT a game.

steady wins the race. you will prevail. this is your money and you are entitled to the insurance payout in due course. mucker is absolutely right ON the money when she says to never, ever give up. i do agree with her there, 100%. and i would find your voice and be assertive and as firm as can be to protect your rights and get all of your ducks in a row.

just no threats or drama. i think that's a bad idea. and if you weren't a workers comp case before your TOS dx, then you certainly cannot become one now (and by 'de way... W/C will fight TOS cases to the death, anyhow!). this only my opinion, FWIW...

alison
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote