View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 07:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFoot721 View Post
Jenn,

I agree with the others. Go find another PM or Neurologist to manage your CRPS.

I originally joined this forum to look for opinions on whether or not having a Sympathetic Block done was worth the risk. I personally decided that it was not so I can not say what they are like to go through. I kind of regret my decision because I think it might have helped manage the spread, but there is no telling if it would have. I based my decision on what others here have said. Most have told me that they either did not help, or they think that they caused more spread. Yes they can cause spread as can any trauma, surgery, needle prick, etc.

It sounds as if your doctor was recommending a Spinal Cord Stimulator, (SCS). That is something that a lot of doctors try to push on patients that are not responding to other treatments. Does it work for patients with CRPS? From what I have read, there are a very small few that it does for a short time, but for most of us, it doesn't seem to. That is a personal choice to decide to go through with the trial.

You don't sound like you agree or get along too much with your current doctor, so it may be a good idea to try to find someone else, someone you can trust and give you the compassion that a good doctor should give to their patients. We all seem to struggle so much with this damn syndrome that for many of us it takes away our ability to work, our hobbies, our relationships and families, and well, our whole life. A little compassion and understanding from our doctor shouldn't be too much to ask for.
hi purple. i just wanted to let you know that my pm dr said that though the scs might be most effective the first two years of being diagnosed with rsd, that it could still help after that. i am still not ready to consider it because it is major surgery but if you feel you might want to try it, there is a trial scs that is for five days. it's still pretty invasive surgery that i am not ready to consider but maybe you should talk to you dr about it if you feel regretful for not doing it sooner. its a very difficult and personal decision to make and only you and your dr can know for sure if it's the right choice for you. i hope whatever you decide, you feel some relief from the rsd pain soon. soft hugs coming your way.
"Thanks for this!" says:
IamJenn (01-11-2016)