View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 07:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I can empathise Danny. I'm at 27 months now and, after attending a concussion clinic, am actually in worse shape than when I began it (I finished it>2 months ago). Conversations and public settings remain difficult for me. Time with the family remain challenging. And my constant headaches that are greatly intensified by the above remain debilitating. However, my attitude compared with my first year is very different now...

I realise going back to my dream job is not likely to occur. I realise that I can't have a social life. And I realise that my family is what's important. With all of this, for the most part, I've come to accept this is my life. Maybe it'll change in the future, maybe it won't. Unfortunately with post-traumatic headaches, they remain intractable for some, and I'm evidently one of them.

So, with my new approach I don't rail against my symptoms. I don't wish for my previous life at this point, and I don't sink into that dark place that still knocks on my door. I weather the bad days and look forward to the less bad ones where I'm able to do a few small things that I choose.

Hang in there. I think acceptance comes with time, not pushing things too hard, and not hoping for the miracle instantaneous cure. Keep searching, but if accept where and who you are now things get easier.

Best of luck
MicroMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote