Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky10 View Post
Looks like I'm going to have to pay someone to remove Windows10 from my laptop. I haven't been able to find some important things, like how to download pics off my camera, and now you folks are scaring me with the security/privacy issues. I did not do the custom installation.

My computer does things while it's sleeping.

Did it come with 10 installed, or did you upgrade at some point..?
You can read on computer sites how to go in and change the privacy settings to turn off all that junk.. so that's one option..

2. Go to Microsoft /windows 10 website and read tutorials & tips.. how to do the photos etc

3. There are ways to downgrade I believe, I think I saw something about that while googling..

4. Or if you have an older version of Windows & the reg code ( on laptop back? or paperwork that is had with it) - you could have someone help you install it while leaving all files in the win 10 partition.
You would install it on a new partition. so the old win 10 is still there too.
Then you should be able to access those files with the older version of Windows , as long as there is no password on the Win 10 or the profile/account on win10.

At boot up it would show both the win 10 & the new win version and you click the one to start up.