View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 04:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi InHisHands,
I am currently seeing a therapist and have been since April of this year. I had been so depressed since my initial injury caused me to loose my job and many other aspects of my life about 6 years ago. But I had thought that I was able to handle it on my own.
Then time passed and I realized that it wasn't working out so I spoke to my primary doctor who prescribed anti depressants more than a year ago but she didn't refer me to a therapist. My depression grew more and more to the point that I would just lay in bed for days and not even go outside. One day I had an appointment with my Rheumatologist and asked him if he had anyone he could refer me too and luckily he did.
Mind you this was before I had begun treatment with my pain management doctor. My appointment was scheduled for mid May and I had no idea I would be referred to a neuro phychologist with them.
In the mean time I had started seeing this wonderful lady therapist. At first it was difficult for me to speak of my difficulties to a stranger but after awhile I was able to vent my frustrations, fears, anxieties and difficulties to her among other things. My depression remains I still am angry and sad about my injury and the recent onset of RSD but I feel I am able to cope with it better than before. I don't lie in bed all day because of depression. I take many naps because I am worn out and tired from the RSD and meds but that is different and I do go out when I am able.
When I started to see my Pain management doc he had me start seeing a neuro phychologist. She does thing differantley. She has me working on biofeedback and relaxation. She teaches me how to relax my entire body and place my mind in a peaceful safe setting which helps me to lower my pain levels and relieve stress.
I highly recommend seeing someone. When you find the right trained professional it definitely helps you overcome your emotional conflicts whatever they may be...
Many Hugs
Dawn

Last edited by dawn3063; 07-01-2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Oh, Now I know why I didn't take english as a major : )
dawn3063 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote