View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Vanessa,

I think it's the best thing you could do for yourself.

Like the others said, you might not get the right on on the first try but don't let that get you down either.

I actually went to 2 before my PCP said he'd just take over doing my councelling. He's helped many with suicidal issues. He was taking care of a 12 year old boy with suicidal issues when I became a thorn in his side. He has councelled me for over 8 years. He saw how bad off I was and it scared him so bad, he jumped in and took over. He councelled Bill for the last year or so before he passed. Bill just loved him.

You will find a councellor that will help you through the pain and the mental issues. It just takes time.

The first one I had was worse off then me in some departments. She was going through a divorce and she proceeded to tell me her life story and you soon realize also that some can have book smart but no common sense. You want someone that has both.

You are very young and although you are very smart and have a lot of common sense you have enough to know that you can't get through this alone and that's good.

They will help you get through any bad past you have had, help you to understand what you are going through now and help you deal with things in the future that you can't deal with.

It's great to have someone you can talk to and you know they are not going to tell anyone else what is going on with you. You also can get input on each issue you run up on that you don't know how to handle along the way.

Good luck with finding that right one and don't give up.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote