View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default well, now i'm in a hot mess

last wk i saw a segment on NBC Nightly News about IVC (inferior vena cava) filters. they reported that several brands were being warned against by the FDA and that they were responsible for breaking off in the body.

they caused hemorrhages, perforated vessels and could travel to the heart or lungs. people are dying. and, not surprisingly, the company knew and came out with new models not any better than the old. NBC named Bard as the company and Meridian as one type of the filter.

just the kind i have in. the same one my cardio surgeon said he couldn't get out last year because it was imbedded in my inferior vena cave; the largest vein in the body.

they did a report that a dr at Stanford U in Palo Alto, CA runs a clinic where they have developed a way to non surgically remove the filter. i have a call into them to discuss my situation. evidently after about 5 yrs the filter can start to break off.

so. say a prayer for me that i can resolve this problem. and i thought this year would be the year of no procedures/surgery. i am really sick of all this stuff....
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-10-2016), DejaVu (06-25-2016), EnglishDave (01-11-2016), mymorgy (01-19-2016)