View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Angels,

Yes, I remember you and I am sorry to hear that you are still dealing with this infection!

All physicians and dentists know that oral infections of any area of the mouth, teeth, gums and jawbone have the potential of becoming systemic. ENT doctors frequently collaborate with oral surgeons to treat people who have sinus infections from their infected teeth. So why this ENT is not admitting the probability of this in your case is puzzling to me.

Why did you choose Levaquin oral over the IV antibiotics? Did your doctor (dentist of physician?) discuss the pros and cons about each administration route of medication?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels31 View Post
Hi Bryanna,
Do you remember me? I had posted and you answered a couple of months ago after I had teeth #14 and 15 removed that were infected and in my sinus. Believe it or not, I still have a sinus infection! I went off the Bioxin and it came back full force. I went to the doctor and he did a nasal swab which came back with a Pseudomonas Aeruginosa infection. It gave a list of antibiotics and all of them were IV except Levaquin. So I am now going on week 3 of Levaquin and also I am now doing a Tobramycin wash in my sinuses twice a day. This is the 3rd day and it seems a little better. I still have some pain and a lump on my neck that goes up and down on the side of the tooth extraction. But my question is could that bacteria have been caused from the infected teeth? My ENT says absolutely not, but I really question how much he knows about this bacteria because he said bacterim in my nasal wash would wipe it out and everything I have read says it is for MRSA. Tobramycin was on the list so I begged for that. But I have read that an infected tooth can cause different bacterias in your sinus and Pseudomonas was one listed. Or could it be the other way around, the teeth both had root canals. Could the Pseudomonas have caused them to flare up? I am living in a nightmare right now! I just want to be normal again! Thank you for all your help.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote