View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 06:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you everyone for responding, I've taken everyone's response to search for another PM doc and I'm researching for a Neurologist as well. I really want someone who is compassionate to what I endure on a daily basis and actually look at me like I'm a fricken human instead of just another medical ID #. My current PM doc WAS good to me in the beginning but started to get distant as the years went on and I kept refusing to continue doing the blocks or the SCS thingy. And just to let everyone know I AM NO WAY GETTING THAT THING INPLANTED INTO MY BODY. It freaks me out and I've had some time to do some research here on the forum as well as other sites regarding it and I've come to the decision that I do not want to go down that route. I am also sticking to my guns and not gonna get any more blocks. It's my body, I haven't done one in 3 years and I'm not gonna get bullied into doing something just because a "Doctor" said I should get it, especially when that dr treated me with disrespect the other day. So I think I found another PM down a couple towns away from me and checked out her reviews and everyone had amazing things to say about her. I got her info from someone on FB who sees her and I called today to make an appointment but she's on vacation till the 19th! Arghhhh! Oh well, I guess I have to wait but I was really hoping she could have seen me while I'm in this crazy flare and see how weak I am. But I know everything happens for a reason so Imma just hold off until the 19th. I did find a neurologist but from what the receptionist said her specialty is with movement disorders so idk what that means but the gal took my info and is supposed to set up an appointment sometime in a couple of weeks or so. I called EVERY neurologist in Hawaii to question if they were knowledgeable in CRPS/RSD but haven't gotten any solid answers yet. All that calling around really made me tired but before I went down to take a nap I just wanted to thank each of you for your responses and encouraging words. Y'all really do not know how much I love y'all!!!! I know we haven't personally met, and y'all barely know me, but I've gotten so much support from y'all in the last few weeks than I've gotten in the 10+ years of dealing with this disease. SO THANK YOU ALL FOR WHAT YOUVE DONE FOR ME I AM DEEPLY TOUCHED AND BLESSED TO BE RUNNING (or hobbling or sometimes crawling lol) THRU LIFE WITH YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh before I nod off, I just wanted to ask a question and wanted some feedback....I posted a response in my other thread about knowing that the clock is ticking for me in regards to working a full time job and if I should really think about going down the SSDI road. I currently work for the gov't as a Medical Laboratory Technician so that means I do phlebotomy, processing and testing samples, shipping out samples, tons of paperwork etc. my job is quite demanding and I'm either constantly on my feet or sitting on my butt. It's hard for me to do my job because I have no feeling in my left hand then of course there's my walking/standing and not being able to fully put pressure on my left leg/foot and with it spreading to my other foot it's truly miserable. I also have bouts where I can't focus and my short term memory is fading quickly and there's much more but I'm really tired, so I'll end here but any advice y'all could give me regarding SSDI and if I should definitely look deeper into it would be appreciated!!!!!! Thank you all again!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
IamJenn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (01-12-2016), CRPSsongbird (01-11-2016), PurpleFoot721 (01-11-2016), RSD ME (01-12-2016)