View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 08:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Heart I am sadly full body

Hi all...I am new to this board but NOT to RSD...I have only just found this but I feel I need to write. I have had CRPS/RSD now for 20 yrs and
I have FULL BODY RSD.

It is from head to toe inside and out. I have memory problems, sometimes speech issues and brain to hands issues, hearing issues so that noise is so much LOUDER and hurts. I cant deal with more then one sound on those days so I have to put headphones on and watch a movie and that is the ONLY noise I focus on then and I can settle myself., eye problems (dry eyes and vision issues such as blurring and unable to stay focused on something), mouth problems (dry mouth and now numerous teeth pulled because of acid reflux destroying teeth. I had xray and no decay in a tooth and then 5 months later I had tooth ache and xray showed severe decay and it was pulled there and then), stomach issues (finding it hard to find something I can eat without issues. Sometimes I just cant eat), bowel issues, heart x 2 issues, breathing issues (never smoked ever diagnosed with COPD by a cardiologist after several tests), gall bladder issues (it stopped working for no reason all of a sudden and started causing infection up into my liver and into my kidneys so it came OUT) Walking issues, use a rollalator to get about (same days I can not walk at all and is bed bound) tremors and spasms to the point it looks like I am having a seizure) medications galore just so I can get from my bed to my recliner most days. Just been diagnosed with Seretonin Toxicity/Syndrome now had to stop and reduce medications and now facing days with little serotonin Long term sleep issues....days without sleep or days where I CANT wake up causing myself issues as I sleep thru times for medication taking.

BUT...despite all that and pain each and every day and then facing all of the above every moment of my day not an inch without pain, THAT, all of that up there is NOT ME. It is NOT who I am. I have learnt how important it is to still say my RSD/CRPS does NOT define me. I am still an individual and I still MATTER .
sapphire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (01-12-2016), catra121 (01-11-2016), IamJenn (01-11-2016), PurpleFoot721 (01-11-2016), RSD ME (01-12-2016), scubaforsythe (01-15-2016)