View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 07:37 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you for replying so quickly, Mark! All of this information has given me a lot of comfort. Knowing is half the battle, right? And I think a majority of my stress was coming from the non answers I've been given and dismissive attitudes.

I've obviously heard of "concussions" and believe I one other time suffered a mild one after falling on the lake during ice fishing as a teenager, but I don't remember the symptoms being as severe as they are now. And usually, when I hear of people having them, they usually seem to bounce back far quicker than I seem to be doing with this one. I guess all that had me overly concerned as well.

I was only able to listen to the first video right now, as it is time to go to work and my eyesears/brain already hurt, but I plan on watching/listening to the rest over the next few days.

(One interesting connection I had to the video, that isn't related to TBI, is I had mentioned being a somewhat accomplished percussionist in my original post. The percussion I play is snare drum, and I am a lead tip in a competitive pipe band in Ontario.) It was such coincidence that the son in this video was a bagpiper and they were on their way home from "band practice". It makes me feel a little more connected to the man telling his story. Like, he and his son would definitely get my frustrations about not being able to practice our instruments daily, if at all, and the stress that comes from letting my corps/band down in my absence.

So thank you for picking that specific series for me to watch.

I will return to the group with any updates and to read further responses from you and others.

Thank you again. I feel a bit more confident now, while starting my day, and it assures me that all my bedrest up to now is necessary, not just laziness.

Best wishes!
K.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
missmarch1978 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote