View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymay View Post
I am doing fair today.. I hurt,, it's just b/c we camped since Thurs and I sat too long in one spot. Plus, today was a really hard day for me...
(I am not complaining) BUT, it was probably the last day I would ever be in my Mom's home.

My sis and I finished packing her things, and then I told my Sis to go home. I wanted to scrub her floors myself and just be there for a while alone.

It was soooo hard to say Good bye to everything that once was....

I felt my Mom there w/me, but the only thing wrong was.... I didn't get that physical hug when I walked out and locked the door for the last time...

I turned to look back at her home just hoping that I would see her in the doorway waving... Like I said, a very hard day.....
You know DM, I know exactly how you feel. And she's waving, you can feel it in your heart. I am not going to sugar coat this stuff cuz the next few days (probably more) are gonna be hard. I know it. Been there done that with my dad. My heart broke when he died. I didn't have to do what you are doing tho, packing up the house, saying goodbye to the physical stuff, but just the same, I had to say goodbye to him and damn it hurts. And it's gonna hurt.

You and your mom were close. And she will always be there DM. But you've got a lot of good friends who are going to be here to help you through this, but you are strong. And you have a whole lot of memories to keep her alive in your heart and mind. Hang on to that.

She was a special lady, just like you. Here's a hug for you DM. Go hug Denny and have a rum and coke for me! You can have one for you too!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford