View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 11:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your post. I must admit that some days, I look at the glass as half empty but many days I see it as half full.

When I am alone and suffering, the glass becomes half empty but all I need to do is read some posts on NT and the glass quickly becomes half full and bursting with bubbles.

I am made aware of all the things I do NOT have to deal with that so many here do. I start to think about all the medical issues I do NOT have and am so thankful that I am not afflicted with in my own life. When I think only of my long laundry list of health issues, I can become a "woe is me" for a moment but no matter the length of my list, it is very short in comparison to what it could be and is for others.

I start to think about ALL the conditions I don't have and the realization of my MANY blessings begin to ring loud and clear.

There will always be someone with better health and many with worse so I find it best to dwell NOT solely upon my own but on the spectrum and how I fall so much closer to the better side than the LONG list of ailments on the other side.

I am truly blessed,.... I just forget that some times. It is so easy to compare one's former healthy self to their current state that we then see the glass half empty. We miss the former self. It takes time to adjust and cope with the changes but the more we can do that, the better we feel.

Thanks again for your post and the reminder that a lot is perspective.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (01-13-2016), mama mac (01-13-2016), PurpleFoot721 (01-13-2016), RSD ME (01-13-2016), St George 2013 (01-13-2016), zinnia (01-13-2016)