View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 03:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

We left this thread with an app that calculated LEDs. This was, as far as it went, fine, but it didn't capture the time nature of the drugs. So, for instance, 1mg of rasagiline has a LED of 100mg, which by definition is the same as 100mg levodopa/carbidopa. But, the rasagiline is effective for the whole 24hr period, whereas the levodopa is effective for, perhaps, 4 hours: in the end they give the same "volume", but one is like a long-term trickle, whereas the other is like a short-term flood. I've written a new app which, in part, addresses this issue, by looking at the pharmacokinetics (what the body does to the drug) of the situation. This leaves unaddressed, and needing to be done, an app to look at the pharmacodynamics (what the drug does to the body) of PD drug regimens.

My app can be run directly, there's nothing to download or install, from:

http://www.parkinsonsmeasurement.org...cokinetics.htm

(I've only added a few drugs. I will add others later. I've also not created a link from the web site's home page to the app. I'll add that when things are stable.)

This is a screen shot showing the app's output given my PD drug regimen.

johnt.png

Please play with the app and let me have your comments.

My thanks go to Ron Strong and Angela Wensley with whom I've been in contact with on this subject. A few weeks ago Angela posted on her Excel-approach to PD pharmacokinetics see:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread218873-2.html

John
johnt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
badboy99 (01-13-2016), cosp60 (03-04-2020), dilmar (01-18-2016), lab rat (01-13-2016)