Thread: Gum bump
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 09:49 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Lenzi,

The lump could be due to a number of things. It may have been there for a long time and you didn't know it.... it could be a normal part of your anatomy ... or something could be brewing. Try not to worry about it and refrain from touching it as that could just make it more sore. When you see the surgeon make sure he evaluates the sore lump and if you have not had an xray done of that other root canaled tooth, it would be wise to have one done.

Please keep us posted on how things are going.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenzi86 View Post
No the sore spot it is on the opposite side of my mouth than the fistula. I had one other root canaled tooth which is on the same side as the sore spot, but that tooth is farther back than the sore spot. Like I said, I cannot see it when I look in the mirror (no white or red lesions). Everything looks normal. I have to press pretty hard for it to hurt. I only noticed it because my daughter squeezed my face. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't know it was there. The bump is very very small. In fact, I had to question whether it was even a lump, but I'm pretty sure it is. Regardless, it hurts when i touch it.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote